Claim this scriptural promise Jeremiah 33 :3 as you pray for Kenya!
Praise and prayer requests:
- Pray our LIFE Ministry Kenya (LMK) family will flourish in spite of all the restrictions caused by COVID. Pray staff teams will draw closer together through prayer and concerns for one another.
- Pray we will seize opportunities to communicate hope in Christ to those with COVID-19.
- Pray for LMK as we slowly begin to engage in physical ministry opportunities.
- Thank God for recent successful associate centered evangelism classes in Kibwezi.
- Ask God to enable the various field ministries throughout Kenya to be fruitful.
- Pray for the three month ongoing missions exposure training. Pray the LORD will use the trainees to reach the unreached people groups with the gospel.
- Short term plans: fiscal year 2021/22
- Be self-sustainable financially by 2023
- Hold a national evangelistic campaign, maximizing our digital capabilities
- Build thriving prayer movements in all departments and regions
- Mid-term plans: next three years
- Celebrating our 50th anniversary, we will remain relevant and vibrant
- Staff teams be fully funded and LMK be financially stable
- Our regional ministry centers be self-sustaining
- Long-range plans
- Pray LMK will continue to flourish and remain relevant
- Be a blessing and impact other nations in Africa by increasing to send missionaries and financially partner with them
Thank you for praying and clicking “YES I’VE PRAYED”. Please invite others to pray for countries in Southern and Eastern Africa.
Kenya remains a regional and continental hub for Christian mission, theological education and church ministry. The troubles in the region make this reality all the more strategic.
Kenya’s long-term stability cannot be taken for granted. Droughts in the north caused the deaths of 80% of the livestock, and the decrease of pasturelands causes violent clashes among various ethnic groups claiming the resources. Fragile ecosystems, overdue land reform, widening gaps between rich and poor, increasingly scarce water, rapidly expanding urban slums and burgeoning populations of street children/AIDS orphans all point to future tensions. Many of these issues were components of the ethnic violence and political crisis of 2007-08. Pray for peace, for wise governance and for practical solutions that can be implemented effectively.
There is full freedom of religion and much of the population professes to be Christian- including many in leadership. Kenya has 36%, or 13 million, Evangelicals – Africa’s highest percentage and nearly equal to all Evangelicals in Europe.
Almost all national ministries are now operating under Kenyan leadership, whether in pioneer outreach, Bible teaching or in service ministries. Nairobi is a key hub for ministry in Africa and beyond. Many international Christian organizations have their continental offices based there.