Claim this scriptural promise Jeremiah 33 :3 as you pray for Kenya!
Praise and prayer requests:
- Thank God for 11 new staff members who graduated from New Staff Training in August and successful interviews for 15 candidates for the next NST cycle. Praise the LORD and thank Him these labourers are availing themselves for the harvest!
- Praise God for His grace, in enabling the Student-Led Movement to import a van for ministry activities.
- Thank God for successfully transferring ownership of a donated piece of land in the coastal region for Student-Led Movement ministry purposes.
- Praise the Lord for another piece of land in Eldoret successfully being transferred to LIFE Ministry Kenya.
- Pray for our teachers at the Life Frontier School in Garissa. Since the covid-19 pandemic, schools have been closed and they have not been paid. Please pray the Lord intervenes.
- Some staff members have gone without salary due to significant drop in financial support by ministry partners. Please pray the Lord intervenes. Silver and gold belongs to Him –Haggai 2:8
- Please pray for our Discipleship Ministry Partner Development emphasis in November. Pray the covid-19 pandemic will not hamper our discovering and developing ministry partners. Pray for open doors, open hearts and creativity as we observe social distancing.
- Please pray for a smooth and seamless transition as we trust God for a new board chair and new board members. Pray for God’s wisdom to guide the process.
Thank you for praying and clicking “YES, I’VE PRAYED”. Please help to expand this prayer network by sharing the little 2min video with friends.
Kenya remains a regional and continental hub for Christian mission, theological education and church ministry. The troubles in the region make this reality all the more strategic.
Kenya’s long-term stability cannot be taken for granted. Droughts in the north caused the deaths of 80% of the livestock, and the decrease of pasturelands causes violent clashes among various ethnic groups claiming the resources. Fragile ecosystems, overdue land reform, widening gaps between rich and poor, increasingly scarce water, rapidly expanding urban slums and burgeoning populations of street children/AIDS orphans all point to future tensions. Many of these issues were components of the ethnic violence and political crisis of 2007-08. Pray for peace, for wise governance and for practical solutions that can be implemented effectively.
There is full freedom of religion and much of the population professes to be Christian- including many in leadership. Kenya has 36%, or 13 million, Evangelicals – Africa’s highest percentage and nearly equal to all Evangelicals in Europe.
Almost all national ministries are now operating under Kenyan leadership, whether in pioneer outreach, Bible teaching or in service ministries. Nairobi is a key hub for ministry in Africa and beyond. Many international Christian organizations have their continental offices based there.