Claim this scriptural promise Psalm 138:3 as you pray for Zimbabwe.
Praise and prayer requests:
- Pray for the new national strategy leaders who are taking their new roles and quickly adapting to their normal.
- Pray for the new project focus for the next five years “FILL THE GAP” with its goals and objectives to be fulfilled.*
- Pray for the resources to realize lasting fruits from the project.
- Pray for new staff training which will start this month.
- Pray for continued safety of our staff members from the covid 19 pandemic.
- Pray our staff teams will be able to work within the pandemic bringing the message of hope.
* The “FILL THE GAP” project: the name comes from Ezekiel 22:30-31, The Lord God searched for a man to stand in the gap. About 62% of our 16 million population attend church regularly and most of these churches are in the cities. We want to recruit men and women who are willing to mobilize churches, to go into the rural areas using the JESUS film and personal evangelism with the goal of training local pastors to make an impact for Christ in the rural areas of the country. The backbone of this project will be prayer.
Thank you for praying and clicking “YES I’VE PRAYED.”
The church in Zimbabwe has grown, but so have the challenges. Pray for a clear stand against witchcraft and demonic powers or veneration of ancestors in the guise of nationalism. Muslims are a small minority but wield a disproportionate influence through foreign aid ‘with strings’, mosque-building and scholarships in Muslim universities.